
November 11, 2008, Tuesday - Happy Veteran's Day - Brittany had off from school today and my MOPS group arranged for a play-date to a Creamery near by. The kids and I met the group at 10am at Homeland Creamery. We went on a hayride and stopped at the different pastures and saw the different groups of cows. They milk 190 cows twice a day. Each cow produces 7-8 gallons of milk a day. Wow!!! Amazing!!! We had a really fun time. After the hayride we got to see the milking stations and then feed a 10 day old calf. They also had some chickens, sheep, turkey, kittens and dogs. The most delicious part was sampling their ice cream. Oh, man, was it good! If you haven't been to a creamery and had their ice cream....I highly recommend it.

2 comments:
Mmmmm... ice cream. Did they have peanut butter to add? ha!
Looks like you guys had fun. I did nto know you did a blog. I will have to catch up. I have one as well.
Post a Comment