Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Fun

October 31, 2008, Friday - I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! The day started off with Chad taking Brittany to the Biscuits, Bagels and Dads event at the school book fair. They were out the door about 7am. Brittany was very excited. Later Nathan and I were headed off to his annual check-up at the doctor. He had his finger pricked and then 4 shots. I wanted him to have the flu shot, but that would have been 5 shots for the poor guy and so we did the Flu Mist. Nathan did very well with all that to have to handle. Then I took to him to preschool and he joined right in. His class was having some special things for Halloween. The class carved a pumpkin (really just the teacher), had a special snack and treats.
When Brittany got home she sketched out what her and Nathan wanted our pumpkin to look like and then they helped my carve our pumpkin. Then they played while I made sausage balls for our neighborhood Halloween get-together. The kids dressed up and we headed to the party about 5:20pm. Chad joined us a little later when he got home. It was a fun time. The kids all run around the yard in their costumes and the adults talk. All the great food is fun to eat too!
About 6:45pm we all headed out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Chad gave out candy at our house and I took the kids. Nathan went to about 6 houses and then decided he didn't want to wear his mask anymore. Oh well, what can you do with a 4 year old that doesn't want to wear his mask? I told myself it was OK for him to not have to wear it. I did have to keep telling him to not go through people's landscaping and take the driveways. He tripped and fell several times, but he is OK. Brittany's bat wings made a sound. That was pretty neat. We could keep up with her in the dark. When we got home, they dumped their candy out and enjoyed some delicious treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm..... sausage balls!