Monday, March 17, 2014 - The kids went into school today on a 2 hour delay because of some icy roads. Well, guess what? The rain was turning to freezing rain and the schools decided to let the kids out 2 hours early. Well...I was out running errands in another town, come out of the store, hear on the radio about schools in the area getting out early & find out my kid's schools are leaving early. I am looking at the clock and doing the math and that means that my child already got out of school and was already dropped off at home and I am not there! I am 20 minutes from home, Ugh!!! What is going on? The cell phone for the neighbor I had, she was not answering. Thankfully we live in a great neighborhood and another neighbor was taking care of Nathan and another neighbor that got off with no parent. And her child didn't make it on the bus. After I got Nathan she had to go to the school to get her kid.....it was a crazy day let me tell you! The buses arrived when they could, loaded kids and just took off. Some other neighbor kids did not make it on the bus either because the bus already took off. And how many kids went home to locks doors?
Happy St. Patrick's Day to Everyone!
Brittany's bus was way late picking up the Middle and High because the bus driver had to take some of the elementary school kids back to the school (I guess their parent was not at the stop).
We did get a lot of freezing rain accumulated. The kids made shamrocks and enjoyed a very short day at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment