Thursday, August 26, 2010

Turtles & Frogs

August 12, 2010, Thursday - On our way to church this morning to help with packing school supply bags we found a baby female Eastern Box Turtle walking across our busy parkway. I immediately pulled over & put my flashers on. She managed to stay alive from the car that was in front of us, thank goodness. The car behind me went around me & I picked her up. I announced to the kids what I found. We were so excited. I had to turn around and take her home. We made her a house with grass & gave her water & food & then headed to church.
Growing up every summer we would find box turtles in the yard or garden. You don't find them much around anymore. She is so cute. We took pictures & we were fascinated by her. We let her go back where we found her in the grassy area (not the road). :) We hope she has a long and happy life!
Nathan caught 6 frogs in our yard this morning. It is so neat for Nathan to just go outside and catch frogs. Perfect for a boy to do!

No comments: